Over the next several weeks, you will be developing an analysis of a case study of your choice. The first step is to analyze a debatable claim. You will select a scholarly article from a reliable source that relays a strong position on a debatable topic. Be sure to record the full APA data, including title, author, and publication information.
Remember, although you are investigating an opinionated piece, your selected article should still come for a reputable publishing source and be well-researched.
In a four- to five-page analysis, address the following in a well-developed and structured essay.
· Provide a clear and detailed introduction.
· What is the topic and why is it important?
· What are the multiple sides of the debate?
· What is your thesis or point of view on the topic?
· Summarize the topic/angle/purpose.
· What is the topic of the article?
· What is the angle or argument that the writer presents?
· What is the purpose of the article? What does the writer want the audience to do with the information they are presented with?
· Analyze rhetorical appeals.
· How does the author use appeals to reason (logos)?
· How does the author use appeals to emotion (pathos)?
· How does the author use appeals to credibility (ethos)?
· What appeals are used most effectively? What is the impact on the argument?
· Provide a counterargument.
· What are the opposing arguments to the argument?
· What are some reasons why the argument is incomplete or illogical?
· What are some examples or forms of evidence that show why or how the counterargument is incomplete or illogical?
· What are the reasons why the original argument is stronger?
· Explain your position.
· What is your evaluation of the issue?
· How does utilizing a counterargument make your analysis stronger?
Remember, you must include detailed examples and analysis to help support your claims. Select your topic wisely and be sure to address each part of the prompt as this assignment will be used for your Week 7 Persuasive Presentation.
Item Description Value
Topic/Angle/ Purpose Summary Topic, angle, and purpose are summarized to help build a foundation for understanding the argument. 20
Rhetorical Appeals Analysis There is a clear evaluation of the use of rhetorical conventions including rhetorical appeals, audience, and context. 30
Counterargument Development A clear and detailed counterargument is explored that considers rhetorical conventions and audience awareness. 50
Position Explanation and Analysis Attention is paid to style conventions utilized. Value judgments are conveyed concerning the effectiveness of the argument. 30
Mechanics Standard language conventions are used for appropriate academic and professional communication. Attention is paid to grammar, syntax, spelling, and punctuation. Citations are in APA format. 20
This assignment is due at the end of Week 6.
Buy an essay in any subject you find difficult—we’ll have a specialist in it ready
Ask for help with your most urgent short tasks—we can complete them in 4 hours!
Get your paper revised for free if it doesn’t meet your instructions.
Contact us anytime if you need help with your essay
APA, MLA, Chicago—we can use any formatting style you need.
Get a paper that’s fully original and checked for plagiarism