Robert Pearl, MD, in his article, “Why Patent Protection in the Drug Industry Is Out of Control”, claims that in the United States, the patent protection process as it relates to the drug industry has been distorted by the political system, intense lobbying and large campaign contributions. The result has been pricing contrary to the greater good of the nation. Using course materials, discuss whether Dr. Pearl’s claim is valid.
Discussion #2: Is whistleblowing ethical? Provide an answer to the question supported by course materials
REFERENCES TO CHOOSE FROM
Theme 1: Pharmaceutical Industry
· The Importance of Patents: It Pays to Know Patent Rules
· Why Patent Protection In The Drug Industry Is Out Of Control
· Is a Patent a Monopoly? —Antitrust Considerations
· First-To-File Patent Law Is Imminent, But What Will It Mean?
Theme 2: Products of Liability
· The Danger Of Loosely Regulated Supplements
· Unregulated supplements send thousands to hospital each year
· The ethics of global clinical trials In developing countries, participation in clinical trials is sometimes the only way to access medical treatment. What should be done to avoid exploitation of disad
· IRB Considerations for Investigator – Initiated Research
· Supreme Court lets pay-to-delay ruling against pharma stand
· Appendix K Antibiotics In Animal Feeds
· Ethical dimensions of the prescription opioid abuse crisis
· The War on Opioids: An Ethical Perspective
Theme 3: Whistleblowing
· What’s Ethical About Whistleblowing?
· 5 famous whistleblowers who risked everything
· Our Successful Whistleblower Cases
Buy an essay in any subject you find difficult—we’ll have a specialist in it ready
Ask for help with your most urgent short tasks—we can complete them in 4 hours!
Get your paper revised for free if it doesn’t meet your instructions.
Contact us anytime if you need help with your essay
APA, MLA, Chicago—we can use any formatting style you need.
Get a paper that’s fully original and checked for plagiarism