The concepts of epidemiology provide the framework for the study of infectious and chronic health issues/diseases, which provides a rich source of data for the analysis of trends in disease and health. This assignment will offer the opportunity to explore the population health effects associated with falls. You will identify populations at risk for falls, for instance those with co-morbidities or the frail living at home, and design a population focused educational intervention for your target population. In addition, you will look at what outcomes will be addressed to determine if your interventions are effective. This paper should integrate HP2020 and CDC information into your paper.
Activity Learning Outcomes
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
Students are expected to submit assignments by the time they are due. Assignments submitted after the due date and time will receive a deduction of 10% of the total points possible for that assignment for each day the assignment is late. Assignments will be accepted, with penalty as described, up to a maximum of three days late, after which point a zero will be recorded for the assignment. Quizzes and discussions are not considered assignments and are not part of the late assignment policy.
Total Points Possible: 125 Points
· Identify the problem in the introduction section.
· Provide an overview of the problem in your state (FLORIDA)/national.
· Review of descriptive epidemiologic and demographic data on mortality/morbidity and risk.
· HP2020: Present the goal, overview and objectives of Healthy People 2020 for the paper topic.
· Population level prevention and health promotion review. Describe population focused interventions. Use of scholarly literature and HP2020 is required. There should be direct correlation to evidence for all strategies.
Best Practices in Preparing the Project
ORDER NOW FOR PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPERS
MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE ALL THE REQUIREMENTS BELLOW
Category Points % Description
Introduction of the Problem (no heading)
5 4% · Problem is clearly stated.
· General introduction to the problem supports its importance as a population health issue with data and general statement of scope of problem.
· Focus of the paper is stated succinctly
Overview, Background and Significance of the Problem
25 20% · Provide background and significance of the problem.
· This includes risks and impact of disease.
· Data: State and National: Incidence, prevalence, mortality, breakdown by gender/race/religion as appropriately related
Epidemiological Analysis of the Problem 30 24% · Using descriptive epidemiology (provide description of term) analyze health problem
· Include demographic and related epidemiological data
· Include characteristics of at-risk population using HP2020 specified criteria
Application of HP2020
20 16% · Identify HP2020 goals and objectives
· Relate HP2020 goals and objectives to health concern topic
· Identify guidelines and a screening method related to health concern
· Review validity (predictive power) of screening tool method to include what population the tool is applicable to use with (for instance, adult, child, culture)
Population Level Interventions
20 16% · Investigate what is being done at the population health level related to prevention and health promotion for the health problem at the national and state level
· Identify what and how outcomes are being tracked related to said interventions.
· Utilize HP2020, CDC, state public health department, research, etc. as resources for interventions and data.
Buy an essay in any subject you find difficult—we’ll have a specialist in it ready
Ask for help with your most urgent short tasks—we can complete them in 4 hours!
Get your paper revised for free if it doesn’t meet your instructions.
Contact us anytime if you need help with your essay
APA, MLA, Chicago—we can use any formatting style you need.
Get a paper that’s fully original and checked for plagiarism