Discussion 1: Developing a Change Plan – Introducing a Sense of Urgency
As counterintuitive as it may seem, it can be dangerous for a company to be too successful. Oftentimes, along with success, an air of complacency can emerge. By focusing only on the current success, an organization may be at risk of failing to either recognize opportunities for new growth or identify potential challenges resulting from their competitors’ innovations. Likewise, in communities or even in our personal lives, there are similar risks that can lull us into a sense of complacency.
In order for the change process to begin, managers and leaders often need to create momentum—and when no visible crisis exists, it may be necessary to develop strategies to make transformational change appear to be the best option for overcoming organizational inertia.
Consider the following:
· Is complacency always negative?
· What is the difference between a sense of urgency and a sense of emergency?
· How can leaders and managers create a sense of urgency without creating a sense of emergency?
To prepare for this Discussion:
· Review this week’s Learning Resources, especially:
Kotter’s Leading Change Step 1: Establishing a Sense of Urgency (maciverprojectservices.co.uk)
Creating a powerful guiding coalition. Leading change (coachingwolf.com)
Step 1: Establishing a sense of urgency – see attachment
Step 2: Creating a guiding coalition – see attachment
Leading change management Retrieved from:10 principles of leading change management (strategy-business.com)
Post a cohesive response based on your analysis of the Learning Resources and your professional experience. Be sure to discuss the following:
· Describe an area in your own community or organization (or one with which you are familiar) where you recognize a level of complacency. After reviewing the different sources of complacency of the Leading Change course text, explain which source(s) may be contributing to this complacency and in what ways.
· Reflect on the suggested methods for overcoming this complacency by creating a sense of urgency. Identify which of these approaches you would use to address the complacency issues you identified and explain why you selected them.
· Putting yourself in the role of the leader or manager responsible for the area in your community or organization you identified, create a specific plan for how you would implement the approach to create the sense of urgency for the change. (Be creative and ensure that you touch hearts as well as heads.)
· 3 – 4 paragraphs
· No plagiarism
· APA citing
Buy an essay in any subject you find difficult—we’ll have a specialist in it ready
Ask for help with your most urgent short tasks—we can complete them in 4 hours!
Get your paper revised for free if it doesn’t meet your instructions.
Contact us anytime if you need help with your essay
APA, MLA, Chicago—we can use any formatting style you need.
Get a paper that’s fully original and checked for plagiarism