New Story Summary Short Assignment
Dunham, BUS 682
Summary: Search online for a recent news story and then summarize how this news story is relevant to business ethics or environmental sustainability issues that we are learning about in this class. Answer the questions at the end of the document, save your work, and submit the completed Word document via iLearn before the deadline.
Part of being an informed business leader is having the ability retrieve and comprehend relevant information. Reading the news is a great way to keep informed about current events that have an impact on business opportunities and threats in industries that you are interested in. In this short assignment, students will search for a news story that irrelevant to one of the course topics that we are addressing this semester. Examples of topical areas include:
· Corporate Social Responsibility
· Corporate Governance
· Legal, Regulatory, and Political Issues
· Employee Relations
· Consumer Relations
· Community Relations and Philanthropy
· Technology Issues and the Future of Work
· Environmental Sustainability
To get you started, you can complete a search of news story via Google news. Here is a link. Additional high quality news sources include, but are not limited to, CNN, The New York Times, The Guardian, Reuters, etc. You can browse the websites of these news organizations and/or search for news stories that are relevant to your interests.
This assignment is an opportunity for students to learn more about specific issues or industries that interest you. For example, if you are interested in employee relations and diversity, equity, and inclusion issues (DEI), you may search for news stories that address some aspect of this topic. If you are interested in environmental sustainability, you may wish to search for stories about renewable energy or company strategies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. This is an opportunity for you to explore your interest(s) and read relevant stories. Examples of specific recent stories appear below.
· Corporate Social Responsibility – The Cost of Ignoring ESG – Forbes
· Corporate Governance – Elon Musk’s SolarCity Trial Nears Conclusion With $2 Billion at Stake – Bloomberg
· Legal, Regulatory, and Political Issues – Companies Who Donated to Co-Sponsors of Texas Abortion Bill Revealed – Newsweek
· Employee Relations – Revealed: Google illegally underpaid thousands of workers across dozens of countries – The Guardian
· Consumer Relations – Recalled Pet Food May Be Linked to 130 Dog Deaths, F.D.A. Says – NY Times
· Community Relations and Philanthropy – China’s Tech Giants Are Giving Away Their Money To Avoid Beijing’s Wrath – Forbes
· Technology – Moody’s is spending $250 million to measure the risk of America’s biggest companies getting hacked – CNN
· Environment – Meat accounts for nearly 60% of all greenhouse gases from food production, study finds – The Guardian
Once you have found a news story, answer the following questions:
Buy an essay in any subject you find difficult—we’ll have a specialist in it ready
Ask for help with your most urgent short tasks—we can complete them in 4 hours!
Get your paper revised for free if it doesn’t meet your instructions.
Contact us anytime if you need help with your essay
APA, MLA, Chicago—we can use any formatting style you need.
Get a paper that’s fully original and checked for plagiarism